Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Moments of Oneness

Have you ever felt a moment of one-ness?

Like watching a sunset and feeling the expansiveness of that gorgeous sky inside of yourself?


I'm sure you must have.
These moments are precious. But not few. They surround us. They are right there in the beautiful moments and even underneath the ugly ones.

Did You Feel That?

We have small earthquakes from time to time where I live, and people always ask the next day, "Did you feel the quake last night?"

We are lucky that they are small quakes. Most of the time, I don't notice them. It feels like a semi truck drove by and shook the walls a bit. Twice in the last 40 years, we had rolling quakes. I felt those. They were like being on a boat with a wake crossing under it. I guess that it's more like what I expect an earthquake to feel like. It's definitely different from a truck driving by. So I notice it.

So how often do I miss the moments of subtle beauty in my life?

And too often we let the moments of Peace and Beauty slip by without savoring the moment. Or sometimes even noticing them. I missed the chance to wake up just a little more.

Aren't these the moments that give life meaning?
Aren't these the things we all want?

We work, maybe have a family, have a long to do list.
But underneath all of that, isn't the goal to have peace, love, and joy?

Isn't that what we all want?

A Suggestion

Next time you notice something beautiful, whether it is the scent of a rose, a child's beaming face, a beloved pet, or a magnificent thunderstorm... Stop a moment and notice the beauty and peace around you, and take a breath. Ask yourself, "Isn't that what it's all about?"

Give yourself permission to drink it in fully. To allow more Beauty and Peace in your heart that you ever believed you could stand. Stay long enough to feel that space and Joy and Magnificance inside of you.

Blessed be.


No comments:

Post a Comment