Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring has sprung!


The season of new growth. A metaphor for new growth in us.

Not so far-fetched when we remember that we've just come out of Winter. And depending which part of the country you live in, that either makes no difference, is a ray of hope, or is a joke because the ground won't thaw for weeks.

For me, the weather has been quite warm, alternating between late-Spring-like warmth and cold rainy days. I am very glad to have been out of the snow country long enough that I'm quite spoiled about the weather.

Longer Days - Lighter Heart

But I still feel the resurgence of Spring. The days are longer, and that in itself brings more Light to
my mind and Heart. Being able to stand in the sunlight is downright nourishing.

Like many of you, I've been incubating during the winter, but not hibernating. I am recovering from the loss of my beloved pet, who was with me as long as my parents were. I struggled with eating too many cookies and other food that doesn't really work the best for me.

And now I am feeling a renewed intention to take better care of myself. It is amplified by the fact that I just got over a monster cold, and I am now able to dance and play again! Yippee!

I think it started with Chinese New Year, and has grown now so that by the Solstice this weekend, the sprout will have little leaves and be growing along.

Time to Grow!

Time to get active and do all those things that we usually resolve for on New Years' Day. Those kinds of resolutions just seem easier when the days are longer. And before the heat of Summer!

I know I can't give myself a swimsuit weather deadline for my healthy eating goals. I've noticed that when I set a goal like that, the first thing I do is rebel. Heck, just thinking about it, I notice the urge to go buy a cookie!

Instead, I find it works for me to just watch my habits and allow them to be. To have compassion for that part of me that wants the cookie. To let her know that there are much better ways to feel comforted, nourished, and loved.

I'll let you know how that goes.

How About You?

Do resolutions work for you?
Do you find that Spring renews your intentions for your own growth?
What are your tricks and tips for superb self-care?

No comments:

Post a Comment