Monday, April 28, 2014

Glass Half Full

Are you a glass half empty or a glass half full person?

I always found that a funny question. And in honor of our monthly theme of humor, this is a lighter look at the question.

If the glass is half empty, I'm not a pessimist. It means I probably already drank half of it.

The glass is completely full. It's half full of water and half full of air.

Well, a few months ago, a circle of friends got to talking about this subject, and here are some of my favorite comments. I may be paraphrasing some of them.

Full is relative. Are you looking at 2 ounces of water in a 2 ounce glass or in a 10 ounce glass? - Megan

Is this the water I want? - Megan

Forget the amount. What about the quality? Is the water clear or murky? - Martha

Asking whether it's half full or half empty assumes that I wanted a full glass of water.

And my favorite that I probably read somewhere online... While the optimist and the pessimist were arguing about whether the glass was half full or half empty, the opportunist drank it.

What's your favorite riff on this question?


No comments:

Post a Comment